The Historicism.com Bookshelf
If you want to learn more about the Historicist perspective on Bible prophecy, you've come to the right place. On this page you will find a collection of books, essays, and articles by historicist writers from the past and the present. If you would like to recommend a resource to add to this page, please use the contact option under "About Us" from the menu above.
ATTENTION All visitors to Historicism.com: Read this important message before proceeding.
- The Book of Daniel: What if this is the End?, by Pastor Joe Haynes, M.A.
- Meeting Jesus in Mark's Gospel (see especially the sermons on Mark chapter 13 relating to Jesus' prophecy of Jerusalem and the end times), by Pastor Joe Haynes, M.A.
- 2 Peter: Knowing Jesus at the End of the World, by Pastor Joe Haynes, M.A..
- Interpreting Daniel, by J. L. Haynes
- Outlines of Prophecy, by G.R. Dawe, D.D. (hon. Talbot Theological Seminary, BIOLA)
This study is about 1.57mb in size; requires Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Matthew 24, a feature section on Matthew 24 and the Olivet Discourse @ Historicism.com.
- The Approaching End of the Age, by H. Grattan Guinness ebook!
- Light For The Last Days, by Dr. and Mrs. H. Grattan Guinness
- The Divine Program of the World's History, by Dr. and Mrs. H. Grattan Guinness
- Romanism and the Reformation, by H.Grattan Guinness, D.D. ebook!
- History Unveiling Prophecy (or Time as an Interpreter), by H. Grattan Guinness PDF!
- Creation Centred in Christ, by Dr. H. Grattan Guinness ebook!
- City of Seven Hills, by Dr. H. Grattan Guinness ebook!
- Horae Apocalypticae, Vol. IV (Vol. 4), by E. B. Elliott ...volumes 1-3 not yet available.
- It's Here: The Time of the End, by Rev. Harold Edwin Barton (Awaiting permission)
- Body of Divinity, (selected chapters) by John Gill
- Tomorrow: What do the Prophets Say?, by A.J.L. Haynes ebook!
- The Seventy Weeks and the Great Tribulation, by Philip Mauro
- The Revelation of St. John, by Henry Dunn (1850)
- Observations Upon the Prophecies of Daniel and the Apocalypse of St. John, by Sir Isaac Newton (1733)
- The Papacy Is the Antichrist: A Demonstration, by Rev. J.A. Wylie, LL.D. (1888)
- Keys to the Apocalypse, by Joseph Mede (Original Edition, 1627; English, 1643; 1833) [PDF download thanks to CCEL.org]
- The Prophetic Outlook Today: Where We Are Now in Prophecy? Essays on Seven Second Advent Subjects by Rev. E.P. Cachemaille, M.A., Late Scholar of Gonville and Caius College, Cambrdige (1918)
Articles and essays on Historicism.com:Articles
- Interpreting Daniel, by J. L. Haynes
- Exploring Daniel's "Seventy Weeks", by J. L. Haynes
- Prayer to the Pope?, by Tony Costa
- The Reigning Christ, by Dr. G. Campbell Morgan (1928) Needs Adobe Acrobat
- Pedigrees of 2 Prophetic Viewpoints, by Eric C. Peters
- The Jesuits and the Protocols of Zion, by Leo H. Lehmann
- H. Grattan Guinness-- Flame of Fire, by Rev. Fred. J. Peters
- The Second Advent--How readest thou?, by Captain G.S. Dobbie
- Jehovah and His Theocratic Kingdom, by G.R. Dawe, D.D.
- THOUGHTS on the Great Tribulation, by G.R. Dawe, D.D.
- What is Futurism? What is Historicism? What Does the Bible Say?, by J.L. Haynes
- Tabular Chart of the Apocalypse, With a Comparative View of the Gentile and Jewish Lines of Prophecy, by Samuel Garratt (time chart taken from Mr. Garratt's book, A Commentary on the Revelation of St. John, )
- Thief in the Night: The New Testament Contexts, by J. L. Haynes
- Rejection, Desolation and Restoration, by J. L. Haynes
- Guinness is Good For You: Memories of the Legacy of H. Grattan Guinness, by J. L. Haynes
- The Meaning of the "Two Witnesses", by J. L. Haynes
- An Historicist Exposition of Daniel 8, By J.L. Haynes, MA (2014)Adobe Acrobat (PDF) format - 610kb.
- Pope Benedicts Denunciation of True Churches Exposes His Own System, By Richard Bennett and Michael de Semlyen. Adobe Acrobat (PDF) format - 96kb.
- "Pope Benedict XVIs god and gospel", by Richard Bennet. In Adobe Acrobat (PDF) format - 79kb.
- "Back Against the Wall: A Dialogue Concerning Jesus' Eschatology", by J.L. Haynes. (M.Div essay, 2004) An apologetic essay written in the style of a fictional dialogue. A rebuttal to the argument in two books by E.P. Sanders that Jesus was a mistaken Jewish prophet. In Adobe Arcrobat (PDF) format - 139kb.
- "Interpreting the Vision: An Exegetical Study of Daniel 9:24", by J.L. Haynes. (M.Div essay, 2004) In Adobe Arcrobat (PDF) format - 183kb.
- Soli-Lunar Cycles in Greek Research and Jewish Revelation, by Walter Ridgway. (M.A. Thesis for the University of British Columbia, 1946)
This thesis is pure gold for readers interested in prophetic chronology. In Adobe Arcrobat (PDF) format - 5.63mb.
- The Roman Catholic-Lutheran " Joint Declaration on the Doctrine of Justification": A Denial of the Gospel and the Righteousness of Christ , by Richard M. Bennett
- Dominus Iesus: Rome Exalts Her Throne--A Kiss of Death to the Ecumenists, by Richard M. Bennett
- EXPLORING THE PROPHECIES OF MOSES AND DANIEL AS CORROBORATING AUTHORITY FOR THE GREAT TRIBULATION OF MATTHEW 24; A Contribution toward Understanding the Progressive Revelation of Prophetic Themes in Scripture, by Prof. Oral E. Collins, Ph.D.
- The Antichrist Unveiled, by Richard M. Bennett
- Interpretation of Biblical Prophecy, by Prof. Oral E. Collins, Ph.D.
- H. G. Guinness: Preacher, Teacher and Astronomer, by J. L. Haynes
- 666 - The Antichrist to come?, by Richard Gunther
Articles and essays on other sites:
CHRIST IS THERE CAN BE NO POPE
Statement by Dr. Ian R. K. Paisley, MP, MEP, Moderator, Free Presbyterian Church of Ulster
- The Missionary Eschatology
of A.B. Simpson,
by Franklin Arthur Pyles
Many contemporary Christians are not aware that A.B. Simpson, founder of the Christian Missionary Alliance denomination, and A. J. Gordon, the famous preacher, evangelist and seminary founder, were both premillennial historicists. This excellent essay by F. A. Pyles provides a good bibliography for further study.
H. Spurgeon and the Nation of Israel
A Non-Dispensational Perspective on a Literal National Restoration, by Dennis M. Swanson
If you would like to recommend additions to this list, please submit your request at our "Contact Us" page
The Gathering Crisis in the Middle East
Our current feature:
PREMILLENNIAL, AMILLENNIAL OR POSTMILLENNIAL?
- Evidence for Premillennialism: Jesus will return before the Thousand Years. A chapter from Light for the Last Days, by H. Grattan Guinness.
- "Problems with Premillennialism, by Sam Storms: A Straw Man", from the Historicism.com Blog
- The Millennium, a chapter from Horae Apocalypticae, by E.B. Elliott.
- Evidence from Revelation for the literal interpretation of the premillennial return of Christ, a chapter from Horae Apocalypticae, by E.B. Elliott.
- Evidence from the rest of Scripture for the literal interpreation of the premillennial return of Christ, a chapter from Horae Apocalypticae, by E.B. Elliott.
- Blog posts on "Premillennialism" posted to the Historicism.com Blog. This page is updated as new posts are published to the blog.
The quality books, essays and articles assembled on this page were never intended by their authors to replace individual study of the Bible. Please put in the relatively small amount of time required to get the most out of these resources: study the Bible passages referred to in the materials you read from this site. We do not want you to simply assume that the authors are correct in their interpretations of the Scriptures. Our hope and prayer is that your visit to Historicism.com will do more than just introduce you to the historicist view of Bible prophecy: our ultimate goal is to encourage and assist you to study the Bible for yourself. For this reason we have provided our visitors with two powerful tools:
The brothers immediately sent Paul and Silas away by night to Berea, and when they arrived they went into the Jewish synagogue. Now these Jews were more noble than those in Thessalonica; they received the word with all eagerness, examining the Scriptures daily to see if these things were so. Many of them therefore believed, with not a few Greek women of high standing as well as men. (Acts 17:10-12 ESV)